Saturday, July 31, 2010

Larry, Ron and Derril

On the flight from London to Houston I had the privilege of meeting the three stooges. These guys were in there 60's-brothers-and absolutely hilarious. I had made a joke with them before boarding the plane and then got to sit across the isle from them on the flight, which means 10 hours of bonding time. The gentlemen had been walking around Europe with each other, going to jazz bars in Paris and all those fun things. They asked what I had been doing there and we got to share stories of where we were and what we did.
Towards the beginning of the flight the chair in front of Derril was broken, and would lean all the way back for the whole flight. There was only one chair to exchange with and it was right in the middle... gross! These three guys were pretty big, so I could tell he was going to be REALLY uncomfortable if he stayed that way the whole flight. So, I offered him my seat and all was well in the world of traveling. haha! Ron told the flight attendant to put me in first class... I wouldn't have minded going... but it was just a seat change.

At the end of the flight Derril said thank you, and then told me one of the nicest thing a stranger has ever said to me. He said "You are going to be one of those people who brings peace with you where ever you go. You are a world changer, I can just see it. God bless you."

I really didn't know what to say; what an incredibly lovely thing to say to a stranger. So, Thank you very VERY much Larry, Ron and Derril for a wonderful trip! You guys were great.


Upon entering into the U.S. I was given extra paper work and asked for my visa. A little confusing, but I ended up clearing up that I was actually an American citizen. I am not sure why they didn't think so...
None of our luggage made it, but that's fine really. It isn't like I don't have clothes to wear. We walked out of baggage claim and up to my mother, it was SO nice to see her! =) It was weird to think that it's been 8 weeks! The very first thing I do is buy a caramel macchiato from Starbucks, and then it was off for mexican food! The restaurant was SO loud, the food was great- but we were ready to go home.

I slept almost all of the car ride home, and then passed out once I got here-after I hugged everyone at least once, of course.

Now, I'm trying to get used to my cell-phone again, getting used to seeing so many cars may take a while. I really am enjoying home though. It's nice to be back.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it ok. The bags will catch up later. It is too quiet here and it will take some time to get used to not having the doorbell ring every few minutes.

    Enjoy your family and eat a lot Mexican food for us.

    We miss you but we'll look forward to seeing you in December.

    -Mark & Laura-

    ReplyDelete
  2. "World Changer". I like the sound of that. Is there anything in all the world that would be better! Isn't that what we are called to be as the power of the Spirit flows through us? So, go. Change the world!

    Love you
    laura

    ReplyDelete