Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baptism, Kids Camp, and lake day! Oh my!

Since Sunday afternoon the weather here has been perfect! Sunny and warm with a cool breeze!
Sunday after church was one of our (the three interns) friend's baptism. It was such a special day, and it was so great to be able to be apart of this huge event in Toms life.
One of the most touching moments was when Toms and Landry were singing Amazing Grace- My Chains are Gone (not only because of the situation, but because this song holds so much meaning that I can't explain right now) And after Toms was baptized he came back up out of the water and over to Landry and they started singing "My chains are gone, I've been set free..."

Man.... that moment. Words cannot describe the worship in that place.


Monday:
Was our last kids camp, but we did have some new faces! You remember the girls I told you I invited despite being afraid of speaking? One of them came! And she also said she would come next week to Vacation Bible School!
I was really happy to see all the kids. They are so much fun. Thomas told the story of Jesus and His death and resurrection. The kids made picture frames and Landry was the hot glue gun master.

After the story and crafts we all walked over to the sports hall, where Landry and Thomas taught the kids how to play kick ball! It was a huge hit and I have a feeling there will be many more games to come. If I remember correctly I think Landry's team won by three runs at the bottom of the last inning. Nice guys!








Yesterday (Tuesday) We had a lake day with some of our youth! It was a fun swimming and picnic day! with perfect weather. It was a great time to build stronger friendships and to just relax after a long day of work. Our group really enjoyed people watching at the lake and have all voted this kid as our new hero. Be proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment