Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dinner and Winter Weather

Last night, (Wednesday the 16th) we were invited to the house of one of our church members to eat dinner. I had been once last year, and it was great to go back and enjoy some good ol' fashioned Latvian cooking. I don't think there was a single thing that I didn't like! Of course, I'm not really picky either... Ah well. We ate outside with everyone and at about... 10 it was reaaaallly cold. Felt like the beginning of a Texan winter!

The family that lives at this house is a huge illustration for what it means to be in peace with God. Their stories are touching, their home is small, but their hearts are huge. The three girls that were at their house last night are not theirs. However, they're here just about every summer. I'm unsure of most of the girls' backgrounds, but I know that they come from broken homes.
Last year one of the girls, Alma, asked me to adopt her. I remember asking her "But what about your mom? Wouldn't she be sad if you left her?" I received one of the most heartbreaking answers from a little girl who was almost 7. "no." sad.


It was good to see everyone last night, a good reminder of how the culture is here.

This morning I'm sit here in my room thinking and praying about what it is I'm supposed to do here. I have a group of kids who are genuinely interested in my life, and I in theirs. They only know part of my story, and I only know bits and pieces of theirs. I want to know what role God plays to them, this will be a huge task... they won't even answer what music they listen to. With time and patience... with time and patience.

I want to be more than halfway there. And I can't do that with out a whole lotta help from God.
Your prayers are asked for and needed here. Please don't hesitate to send them. Pray in the next five minutes and you'll recieve free shipping and handling.


Alma


Anna


Vilma, the excellent cook and host.

No comments:

Post a Comment