Saturday, June 19, 2010

Knowing

There is something about being outside at twilight that is good for the soul.

After day one of our Latvian graduation adventures, which was an incredibly different experience. (Latvian's do graduation right.) Flowers... lots and lots of flowers are given to the graduate. It's wonderful!
Gusts graduation was last night, and Linda, Annija and Agnese have theirs today! After graduation yesterday I met up with Annija to talk about, well... everything.
I needed it. She needed it. And I think we both kind of need each other as support here. It was great to share everything, my past, my present, my future. Most of all it was great to share my heart with her. It's been a long time since I have felt that things were safe enough for me to attempt that. Annija and I, I have a feeling, are going to be a huge encouragement to each other in our walks with God, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this adventure, and the next.

After that we got to surprise guests at the flat; Toms and Emils. Inviting us to go with them to play basketball. I went, whooped them all in basketball and left them feeling terrible about their sporting abilities.....
okay maybe not, but it was worth a shot. Nah, the guys played basketball after some races, (Emils won both, so kudos to you) and I won a bet that Emils would, so I'm happy.
Annija joined on in the adventures a little later and we got to walk and talk some more. So much fun!
After the game she went home and we, with some slightly scary persuasion we went and attempted a paper lantern, but it was too windy. (Next time though, I'll have pictures.)

Now, for my very first statement. After all of this we went to this little cliff area, with a view. It was probably about midnight at this time, which here in Latvia looks like an early Texas twilight. It was beautiful. And after climbing up step after step in some sort of dark areas we got to the top and looked around. Absolutely beautiful.

This, as silly as it was and with four crazy boys around, was one of the most relaxing and peaceful moments of the trip for me.
Not because it was quiet, or because of some intense spiritual conversations. But because it was me, in a place that I absolutely love, knowing that I'm supposed to be here. And knowing that God absolutely wants me here, now. And I'm here. Now.
The feelings that come with knowing you are where you're supposed to be are indescribable. I hope you've felt them. I pray you feel them. And if you don't I pray you find it.

With love!
-Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment