Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No boys allowed.

We kicked off the week with our first kids camp; subject of study-Noah. We started out the day with a three legged race and some goofy smack talk thrown back and forth in two different languages... needless to say, my team lost. But, we'll get 'em next time!
After our three legged shenanigans we all piled inside to tell a bible story. Landry did a great job of telling the story, and getting everyone involved in acting it out. The kids were all very sweet and payed good attention when the story was being told-- minus a few squirely boys. haha!

That afternoon I spent hanging out with my good friend Linda. We went walking around parts of Cesis that I hadn't ever been too, and of course... I forgot to take my camera. My apologies! I'll make sure that I can get back to those places for pictures with in the next few weeks.

Tuesday we worked some at the church; chopping, moving, stacking wood. The usual. After work we went to grab a pizza and ran into an old friend from last year... KLAVS!!!!! haha, oh how we missed him. Our 6 foot 7 inch friend has been greatly missed and openly welcome back into our good ol' fashioned fun in Cesis.

Once we got back from pizza the boys went and did boy stuff with some of the guys from the youth group, while Linda and I attempted microwave cookies, which failed. So we went for rice crispy treats instead.

Last night was our first girls bible study! There were 7 girls including myself and we read Matthew 11:28-30 along with Matthew 5:3-10. We discussed what kind of people Jesus asked to come to Him. I asked them the question "Who is the broken? Why would a God as great and powerful as this want broken people?" And pointed out things that someone might argue. The verses were an excellent tool to get them started on a good discussion. For them to be able to discuss what and why they believe in God. WHY they would bother to come to Christ with their burdens. I hope to continue this same conversation with them and to hear their stories, and how they became to be who they are.

It is now Wednesday at 11:15 in the morning. We're getting ready to go and meet with Pastor Olegs about the upcoming week.
I should go get ready for the day!
Farewell, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment