Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kids being kids, teaching kids.

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

We spent our Sunday at church, seeing everyone and listening to a great sermon that was in English! (Thank you Mark) His sermon was on quotes from Jesus and gave several points to how radical Jesus was. Something that I think is always a good thing to hear.
After church we met up with some friends and went to Sigulda to watch Landry bungee jump! It was exciting enough just to watch, maybe some other time I'll be brave enough.. maybe...
We spent most of the day just sight seeing, hanging out and eating ice cream. (of course) We made friends with three girls that we met at the Cafe/Bakery we were eating at and invited them to join us for the rest of the day. And they did! They were tons of fun, and so cute! I'm gonna post some pictures from our Sigulda day... now!

Our new friends!



Our group!

With as much fun as we had on Sunday, Monday would have to be just as good!
Our kids camp went so well! We had several new faces, and all of the faces from the week before were happy to be there as well! We told the creation story, and acted it out also. Like we did the first week. I really do wish that my unavoidable fear of speaking in front of groups of people would disappear... I do try really hard to make sure that it doesn't affect my mission and my calling, but it may be one of the most common things I battle with. Daily. The reason I say all this is because I was the one who told the story yesterday at camp. It seems silly to have been so anxious about it, when of all things talking to kids is one of my easier hurdles as far as speaking is concerned. I suppose I just ask for you to pray that I overcome this. It may not seem like much but even this little "fear" is something that can become a ball and chain for mission work. Just sayin'.

After the story, we made t-shirts! Tons of fun! Landry is convinced his shirt was the best... but I definitely see some competition here! We had a bubble blowing contest, which Annija won! Congratulations to you! And we played several games of musical chairs. We were inside all day due to rain, but it was still an awesome day!

I'm headed out to a paradde now! But I'll post about today later.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment